On Tue, 17 May 2016, Jamie Hannaford wrote:

Completely agree. The good news is that the API-WG have a spec in
review (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/234994/) which might solve
these problems. They want to make actions first-class resources in the
API. From my initial understanding, this could be represented in
Swagger without the need for vendor extensions.

For clarity, you might note a few things about that review:

* Last real work on it was back in January
* There are 4 -1 votes and only one +1 (which is from October)

Suffice it to say that that proposal (and the entire concept of how
to represent actions in a RESTful API) was contentious enough that we
stalled out. The main people who were in favor of trying to get some
kind of pro-actions guideline in place have had to step back from
participation in the  API-wg[1]. Until we are able to have a new
conversation about the issues, with a diverse set of participants,
it's not likely to see much progress.

[1] This is an all too common happening in cross-project work.

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/