On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 10:56 -0500, Dean Troyer wrote:
> With my OSC hat on, I need to still support those APIs for a couple of
> years at least, so I would love to have a way to discover that those
> APIs have been disabled without requiring a round trip to get a 404.
> This seems like a useful thing for the '/' route version information
> when no '/capabilities'-like endpoint is available.

This thread started me thinking about ways to indicate a deprecation to
consumers of the API.  Given that most of our APIs return a top-level
dictionary with a single key, would it make any sense at all to add
additional keys?  We could add a 'warnings' key in that top-level
dictionary that could document deprecations, among other things.

(That said, /capabilities or equivalent would probably be superior for
this particular caseā€¦)
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmi...@mit.edu>