It seems this issue started to affect us on OpenStack infra about 13 hours
ago. The main 2 reasons of failing tests are "Unexpected end of
input"/"registry error parsing json" (example
<http://logs.openstack.org/19/315119/5/check/gate-fuel-ui-npm-run-lint/2622df4/console.html>)
and "Error: socket hang up" (example
<http://logs.openstack.org/04/318204/2/check/gate-fuel-ui-npm-run-lint/a390ea7/console.html>).
See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/315119/ for a long list of similar
failures (though almost every gate-fuel-ui-npm-run-lint run now fails).

What should we do?

> Hey there, Vitaly-
>
> I suspect that the issue you're encountering is actually a cross-atlantic
> lag, combined with the Mirror's AFS cache warming up. As of this morning,
> fuel-ui seems to be installing fine from dfw.rax, though you may run into
> similar issues with other mirrors until those caches warm up.
>
> Michael
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 4:10 AM Vitaly Kramskikh <vkramsk...@mirantis.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Michael,
>>
>> I randomly get "error parsing json" for fuel-ui
>> <https://github.com/openstack/fuel-ui> project:
>> http://paste.openstack.org/show/496871/. Got such errors 2 times out of
>> 5.

>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> We've recently added NPM mirrors to our infrastructure, and are about to
>>> turn them on. Before that happens, however, we'd like to get a sanity check
>>> from impacted projects to make sure that we don't wedge your gate.
>>>
>>> If you are in charge of a project that invokes `npm install` during any
>>> of its gate jobs, then please invoke the following commands at your project
>>> root.
>>>
>>> echo "registry=http://mirror.dfw.rax.openstack.org/npm/"; >> .npmrc
>>> rm -rf ./node_modules/
>>> rm -rf ~/.npm/
>>> npm install
>>>
>>> If you encounter an error, put it in paste.openstack.org and reply to
>>> this thread. If not, great! Delete the .npmrc file and go on your merry way.
>>>
>>> Have a great day!
>>>
>>> Michael

>> --
>> Vitaly Kramskikh,