On Tue, 24 May 2016, Matthew Booth wrote:

I understand that corruption of bits on disks is a thing, but it's a thing
for more than just the image cache. I feel that this is a problem much
better solved at other layers, prime candidates being the block and
filesystem layers. There are existing robust solutions to bitrot at both of
these layers which would cover all aspects of data corruption, not just
this randomly selected slice.

Completely agree that this a problem that is better solved by other
tools in a more generic fashion. The presence of the feature in
OpenStack code adds unnecessary cruft and load for artificial value:
it doesn't actually protect against the problem in any real way.

--
Chris Dent               (╯°□°)╯︵┻━┻            http://anticdent.org/