On 06/10/2016 05:48 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
> On 06/10/2016 08:41 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
>>>
>>> Not having this would mean that changes to grenade could silently break
>>> Ironic's CI, right? That sounds really bad.
>>
>> That's like saying it's really bad that changes to devstack could
>> silently break devstack-based jobs for random projects, and so they
>> should be tested against every one of those jobs. At some point you
>> have to draw a line between running a reasonably representative
>> sample and running so many jobs that you'll never be able to merge
>> another change again (because even very small nondeterministic
>> failure rates compound to make that impossible at a certain scale).
>
> Nothing should be voting in check in grenade that requires a plugin.
>
> I'm fine with a few things in check nv if they are doing something out
> of the ordinary that we think needs to be kept on top of. I also expect
> that ironic folks are going to watch for those failures, and say, with
> -1/+1 CR, when they are legit and when it was off the rails. A non
> voting job that doesn't have domain experts validating the content
> regularly with CR means it gets ignored if it fails a bunch.

I'd like to see this job running in the grenade check queue so we can watch it
there, and trace back to anything that affects us in unexpected ways. As Sean
points out, it should not be made voting in grenade's check queue.

It _should_ be made voting in Ironic's queue as soon as we have gathered
stability data for it. I'd love to see that get turned on in a week. With the
current patch volume, I think we'll be able to get plenty of stability data in
that time.

--devananda