Heidi,

The Trove team came up with several logo options. The result of a vote was
decisive:

1.  Stingray [1]

2.  A Clam with a Pearl in it. [2]

I have heard of no one else wanting to use the Stingray so I would like to
request that the foundation consider that our preference.

Among the options suggested was “Salmonella”. One person (nameless) explained
it to me as “A small female fish”. The community will be happy to know that in
the voting, Salmonella received zero votes. If any other team would like to
take the idea of salmonella after reading this email, I’d request that they
please credit the Trove team for this suggestion ☺ We promise that we won’t use
that logo and there will be no conflict. Here’s a picture of “salmonella” [3].

Other options which did not garner enough support included a whale, a koala
bear, and a sea dragon.

Thanks,

-amrith

[1] http://cdn.xl.thumbs.canstockphoto.com/canstock26887885.jpg