On 07/27/2016 06:06 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2016-07-27 17:56:39 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> [...]
>> However, we may have some folks on the core team who have not
>> contributed a patch, since it is far more common to do reviews than
>> to submit changes there (more and more of the changes are being
>> automated). So, we probably need to expand the traditional definition
>> to also include the existing core review team (members of
>> requirements-core [1]), just to be safe.
> [...]
>
> Easy enough to do for a one-off, but might want to consider
> officially adding them as extra-ATCs in governance down the road to
> make that more explicit. Our existing tooling is already adapted to
> that solution as well (for example, the current i18n voters are
> _all_ recorded as extra-ATCs because we haven't implemented API
> calls to Zanata for integrating it into the normal roll generation
> process yet).
>
> However, implicitly adding core reviewers seems a little weird as
> they're officially appointed by the PTL and so allowing the
> incumbent PTL to appoint (or remove) specific voters before their
> pending reelection... well anyway, I guess it's balanced out by
> there being a lot more committers to that repo than core reviewers
> on it.

So Doug and I had a chat and we propose the following workflow for
deciding the requirements ptl:
    1) Nominations open, done:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/100173.html
    2) Nominations close: August 5th, 11:59 utc
    3) List of Nominees posted to mailing list, a post appened to the
parent:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/100173.html
    4) Election officials start civs poll after 13:00 utc August 5, 2016
    5) Election poll closes after 13:00 utc  August 11, 2016
    6) Winning candidate will be announced to the mailing list
(openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org)

Electorate:
    requirements core reviewers and those who have merged at least one
patch to the requirements repo between 1 Aug 2015 and July 31 2016
    can I vote?

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/requirements+is:owner+is:merged+after:2015-07-31+before:2016-08-01

    how do I vote?

    eligible voters will receive a ballot sent to their gerrit preferred
email, if you are an eligible voter and don't receive an email providing
you a link to the poll by August 6, 2016 please email the election
officials with a gerrit url for your patch confirming your eligibility

Please ask any questions you need to ask to clarify this process so you
understand it.

If you have a question of a personal nature, please don't hesitate to
email both election officials: Doug Hellmann <d...@doughellmann.com> and
Anita Kuno <anteaya at anteaya dot info> as soon as you can so we can
ensure you have the answers you need.

Thank you to Jeremy Stanley for his assistance and support as well as
his offer to help us generate the electoral rolls, which include a wip
patch to governance to generate an electoral roll separate from the
Release Management team electorate. After the election, we will abandon
that patch and let the new team propose its own change, including a
mission statement and other metadata, when they seek to become a big
tent project. Gerrit patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/348462

Thanks for your participation in the electoral process,

Anita and Doug