On 8/2/2016 9:09 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
On 8/2/2016 2:41 AM, Alex Xu wrote:
A little strange we have two API endpoints, one is
'/servers/{uuid}/os-interfaces', another one is
'/servers/{uuid}/os-virtual-interfaces'.

I prefer to keep os-attach-interface. Due to I think we should deprecate
the nova-network also. Actually we deprecate all the nova-network
related API in the 2.36 also. And os-attach-interface didn't support
nova-network, then it is the right choice.

So we can deprecate the os-virtual-interface in newton. And in Ocata, we
correct the implementation to get the vif info and tag.
os-attach-interface actually accept the server_id, and there is check
ensure the port belong to the server. So it shouldn't very hard to get
the vif info and tag.

And sorry for I missed that when coding patches also...let me if you
need any help at here.

    Matt Riedemann

Alex,

os-interface will be deprecated, that's the APIs to show/list ports for
a given server.

os-virtual-interfaces is not the same, and was never a proxy for neutron
since before 2.32 we never stored anything in the virtual_interfaces
table in the nova database for neutron, but now we do because that's
where we store the VIF tags.

We have to keep os-attach-interface (attach/detach interface actions on
a server).

Are you suggesting we drop os-virtual-interfaces and change the behavior
of os-interfaces to use the nova virtual_interfaces table rather than
proxying to neutron?

Note that with os-virtual-interfaces even if we start showing VIFs for
neutron ports, any ports created before Newton won't be in there, which
might be a bit confusing.

Here is the draft spec: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/350277/

Matt Riedemann