On 08/03/2016 10:53 AM, Andrew Laski wrote:
I think the discussion about whether or not this needs a microversion is missing
the bigger question of whether or not this should be in the API to begin with.

I don't think it's actually in the API.

If it's safe to rollback from this error state why not just do that
automatically in Nova?

I think we do for other cases, my understanding is that the issue is whether we would need a new microversion for the API because we're changing the user-visible behaviour of the migrate/resize operation when something goes wrong. (IE rolling back to an active state on the source rather than staying in an ERROR state.)

To me it seems like adding a microversion because a policy rule was
changed.

I believe this is exactly what it is.

> I know we should have some sort of signal here for users, but I think
we need to look at different ways to signal this type of change.

How? The microversion is (currently) the only way the client has of determining server behaviour.

Chris