> Unless you manage to get it approved for the global policy, I think
> you will effectively make your stable:follows-policy tag obsolete,
> and then it should be removed from your project. Read the
> requirements:
>
> https://governance.openstack.org/reference/tags/stable_follows-policy.html#requirements
>
> Support phases are part of the stable policy, and so if you don’t
> mostly adhere to their definitions, you should not carry the tag.
> Which is fine with me, it’s up to Cinder team to decide whether it’s
> worth it.

I think "currently active stable branches" is key there. These branches
would no longer be "currently active". They would get an EOL tag when it
reaches the end of the support phases. We just wouldn't delete the
branch.

Again, this is only for driver code. We would not allow backports to the
core Cinder codebase.