On 8/8/2016 3:36 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
On 08/08/2016 01:35 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:

Not to be a major curmudgeon but I think we'd basically decided at the
midcycle
(actually weeks before) that Nova wasn't doing the mascot thing.

What will the Foundation do if nova doesn't propose a mascot?  Leave
nova out of the rebranding exercise?  Or will they just pick a mascot on
their own?

Chris

I asked the same thing when this was rolled out:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-July/099065.html

"If you don’t select a mascot, don’t worry—we won’t pick one for you. We’ll be happy to create a text-only treatment of just your project name. Our intent is to use the logos across openstack.org, Summit branding, and other marketing materials to promote your project. You’ll also get the image file and you can use it in your presentations or to create more swag if you like. "

Matt Riedemann