On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Michele Baldessari <mich...@acksyn.org> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 01:14:24PM -0400, James Slagle wrote:
>> I've proposed:
>> https://review.openstack.org/353019
>>
>> which makes gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-nonha-multinode-nv and
>> gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-nv become voting jobs.
>
> definitely +1 for the gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-undercloud-nv job.
> About the nonha job, I was actually wondering if we should still
> keep any non-ha templates/jobs around now that the New HA architecture
> has landed. I cannot think of any real usage and the NG HA stuff deploys
> fine on 1 controller as well so the "develop on a smaller machine"
> use-case is covered.
>
> Is there any reason/use-case to keep any non-ha templates/jobs around?
> I'd love to remove them, but maybe there are some uses I have not
> thought of ;)
>
> Thanks,
> Michele
>
>> I think these jobs have proven to be stable enough that we can promote
>> them to be voting. If you have concerns, please vote on the patch. The
>> nice thing about having these jobs voting is that jenkins will
>> actually vote -1 on TripleO patches when these jobs fail.

I personally agree and think that we should consolidate our
development and testing efforts onto the single NG pacemaker
architecture and use that for both for non-HA and HA.

That being said, this needs to be driven via tripleo-heat-templates,
tripleoclient, etc, instead of from the tripleo-ci side. E.g., once
environments/puppet-pacemaker.yaml is the default environment in
tripleo-heat-templates, then tripleo-ci will be using it automatically
for nonha.

--
-- James Slagle