Ofer Ben-Yacov <ofer.benya...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

I was asked to look for a solution / develop traffic control component.
The idea is that provider / tenant will be able to enforce rate limit, do traffic shaping and prioritize traffic from several VMs (policy) - not like the qos in neutron now which can do this on single VM port.

My initial thought is to do it using SFC to route the traffic to a Traffic Control service.

You mean classifier?

Do any of you know if there is some one that currently develop a project like that for me to join?

If no work is done, do any of you would like to join in developing such project?

Do you suggestion other than SFC to approach this?

There is an RFE to add traffic control primitives to Neutron:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1476527

That said, I am yet to see any patches to implement that. You are welcome to join the folks who stepped in to implement it. I think your call for SFC is generally correct since SFC and TC communities seem to overlap because SFC needs to classify traffic.

Ihar