Hi,

I was looking for some clarity around backports of bug fixes that qualify the
stable branch policy
[1].<http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#appropriate-fixes>
 What is the policy if the fix introduces a new translatable string or modifies
an existing one?
The guidelines in Release management
[2]<http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/release-management.html>
regarding string freeze do not specifically call this scenario out. I see that
while translatable strings are mostly avoided, some projects have been merging
changes to stable branches with introduction of new translatable strings.

The question is reminiscent of one posed in the ML a few releases ago
[3];<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/073942.html>
 but applies to stable branches. Should we allow changes to translatable
strings for bug fixes that matter, or is it better to always deny them for the
sake of translation accuracy?

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#appropriate-fixes
[2] http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/release-management.html