This is my candidacy for PTL role in the TripleO team for the Ocata cycle.

https://review.openstack.org/368509

I had the immense pleasure [1] to lead Puppet OpenStack team during 18 months
and we succeeded in improving Continuous Integration with more coverage,
accelerating Release management, growing our Community, bringing more
consistency in the way to configure OpenStack and staying the most-used project
to deploy OpenStack in production [2]. I plan to re-use this experience for
TripleO project.

I see the PTL role as a catalyst for the team:

- Release projects early and often. Continue to delegate the release management
  task to team members, like we did during Newton cycle.
- Never stop to increase testing coverage and keep finding solutions to
  scale-up Continuous Integration system. TripleO scenarios were a start,
  let's continue the efforts and improve it during Ocata [3].
- Animate collaboration with OpenStack vendors who provide backends and
  drivers in TripleO [4] to bring testing scenarios so we can actually test
  their drivers.
- Continue the efforts to find a consensus on which tool TripleO CI should
  use with regard to TripleO Quickstart vs tripleo-ci.
- Welcome new contributors by keeping regular TripleO deep-dive sessions,
  organizing documentation sprints and making sure help is provided on
  mailing-lists and IRC channel.
- Enforcing our feature freeze exception policy and improve communications
  to better understand the feature we want in a release, and try to stick
  on it.
- Help to scale the TripleO team by investigating the creation of upstream
  squads (similar to Neutron stadium but for TripleO) with different areas
  of focus (e.g. UI / CLI / upgrades / CI tools / Workflows / ...).
  PTL role would also be to coordinate the squads together.
- Being a proxy for OpenStack Technical Committee, Release managers
  and other OpenStack projects in general, with good communications and
  open discussions.

We will succeed in all these tasks with advanced teamwork and I would be
honored to serve our group as PTL.

Thank you for your consideration,

[1] http://my1.fr/blog/puppet-openstack-achievements-during-newton-cycle/
[2] https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/April-2016-User-Survey-Report.pdf