On 09/15/2016 09:53 AM, Sanjay Upadhyay wrote:
HI Folks,

I am reaching out to understand how best to setup a third party CI for
OVS-DPDK <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313871/> and SRIOV
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/313872/>.

Since, we have put forth the patches for both sr-iov and ovs-dpdk, I
think its a requirement to test the functionality. Since, this requires
specific h/w, I guess this comes in the purview of third party CI. So,
how best to approach this.

If there is a vendor to back such an initiative, what kind of
requirements we need to post them. I can understand this is very
specific question, but do let me know from Openstack Infra side what are
the requirements to suffice this.

Any pointers on how to setup a third party CI, would be greatly
appreciated. As a part of my commitment, I can assure to document this
for others :)

The general third-party CI docs can be found here: http://docs.openstack.org/infra/openstackci/third_party_ci.html

That basic infrastructure is going to be required to even get started. From there we'll have to discuss how to actually run third-party TripleO jobs. The existing third-party CI on TripleO (RDO) basically has its own independent CI system largely unrelated to tripleo-ci, and I don't think reimplementing from scratch is a pattern we want to repeat. :-)

Many thanks,
/sanjay