I would like to submit my candidacy to continue as PTL of Solum for Ocata
In Newton cycle we made progress in several key areas. Here are the
1) We completed work on our Horizon dashboard. It is now possible to perform
all languagepack and app operations through the dashboard. I would like
acknowledge and thank Swati Dewan and Zhu Rong for spearheading this
2) We continued building and experimenting with different options for doing
and deployments. In Mitaka cycle we had worked on a feature that enabled
perform app deployments in tandem with existing CI systems such as
Jenkins that can
do app builds.
In Newton, following new ideas were investigated:
- Building applications as VM images and deploying them (thanks Erik
- Building applications as Unikernels (thanks shivaSR, mvle)
- Building applications as Docker containers and deploying to VMs
(CoreOS) (thanks Wei Cao)
We also completed the feature that enables application build and deploy
upon receiving github
triggers by Solum.
You can find screencasts demonstrating these features on Solum wiki
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Solum), under "Resources" section.
3) We gained several new contributors, some of whom are on their way to
For the Ocata cycle, some of the ideas that we can pursue together include:
- Making it easy for operators to configure and use different build and
- Adding support to deploy applications to container orchestration systems
- Support for using public Docker images, in addition to Solum
languagepacks, to build
Along with these, we need to keep working on and improving our
documentation, test coverage,
and installation tooling. (If you are interested in helping out with any of
these, please reach out to our team on IRC (#solum on chat.freenode.net)).
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)