From: Dave Walker <em...@daviey.com>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2016 at 10:53 AM
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [vote][kolla] deprecation for fedora distro support

On 19 September 2016 at 18:40, Jeffrey Zhang
<zhang.lei....@gmail.com<mailto:zhang.lei....@gmail.com>> wrote:
Kolla core reviewer team,

Kolla supports multiple Linux distros now, including

* Ubuntu
* CentOS
* RHEL
* Fedora
* Debian
* OracleLinux

But only Ubuntu, CentOS, and OracleLinux are widely used and we have
robust gate to ensure the quality.

For fedora, Kolla hasn't any test for it and nobody reports any bug
about it( i.e. nobody use fedora as base distro image). We (kolla
team) also do not have enough resources to support so many Linux
distros. I prefer to deprecate fedora support now.  This is talked in
past but inconclusive[0].

Please vote:

1. Kolla needs support fedora( if so, we need some guys to set up the
gate and fix all the issues ASAP in O cycle)
2. Kolla should deprecate fedora support

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-June/098526.html

+1

Honestly, only CentOS and Ubuntu are seriously implemented.. I'd go further and
rip out the rest unless there is a strong effort from people committed to
getting parity.

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker