Thank you ALL for clearing up this issue.

To sum up the discussion (not going into too many details):
>From legal stand point, if one uses python libraries they should be part
of the community or confirming with the relevant licenses (
http://governance.openstack.org/reference/licensing.html). If one is not
using python libraries (e.g. rest, command line, etc.) the non-python
executable is considered legitimate wherever it is running.
>From deployment stand point the desire is to have any piece of code that
is required on an openstack installation would be easily downloadable.

We understand the requirements now and are working on a plan taking both
considerations into account.

Thanks,
Alon