Hello,

is there a canonical way to either

* list roles in a given domain
* or retrieve a role from a given domain by name (preferred)

keystoneclient.v3.roles.RoleManager.list() does not appear to do the trick.
While it takes a
`domain` argument, it only returns roles with a domain_id=None attribute but
none of the roles
in the domain I specified. Also, it appears to be deprecated if this comment[0]
in
python-openstackclient is anything to go by.

As for why I want to do this: I attempt to create the role in question and
catch the Conflict exception
that happens if a role with that name exists already. To use that existing role
I need its UUID though
(or a role object as keystoneclient.v3.roles.RoleManager.create() would have
returned if it were successful).
The name does not help since I cannot use that for
keystoneclient.v3.roles.RoleManager.grant(). Come to
think of it, a way to grant roles on a domain by name would also solve the
problem...

Cheers,

Johannes

[0]
https://github.com/openstack/python-openstackclient/blob/master/openstackclient/identity/v3/role.py#L241

--
Johannes Grassler, Cloud Developer
SUSE Linux GmbH, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)