As promised here is a link to the code PoC for the Kuryr-IPVlan proposal.
Link to specific commit
>From here you can clone the repo and install Kuryr as you normally would with
>a few additional steps:
1. The IPVlan driver must be installed on the VM/Machine that the PoC will be
run on. Fedora-Server(not the cloud image) includes the driver by default but
the likes of the cloud image must be modified to include the driver.
2. You must install Docker experimental.
3. You must use the Kuryr IPAM driver for address management.
4. In order to enable the IPVlan mode you must change the ipvlan option in the
kuryr.conf file from false to true.
5. You must also change the ifname option to match the interface of the private
network you wish to run the containers on. (Default is ens3)
6. As listed in the limitations on the README.rst on kuryr "To create Docker
networks with subnets having same/overlapping cidr, it is expected to pass
unique pool name for each such network creation Docker command." You will need
to do this if you are creating a docker network with the same private network
on another VM.
The IPVlan proposal was sent out to the mailing list - link for those who
Please send any feedback, issues, comments, bugs.
Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Office: Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare
Registered Number: 308263
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and delete all copies.
OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)