On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:37 AM, Dmitry Tantsur <dtant...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> We've found out that we're not testing creating of config drives in our CI.
> It ended up in one combination being actually broken (pxe_* + wholedisk +
> configdrive). I would like to cover this testing gap. Is there any benefit
> in NOT using config drives in all jobs? I assume we should not bother too
> much testing the metadata service, as it's not within our code base (unlike
> config drive).
>
> I've proposed https://review.openstack.org/375362 to switch our tempest
> plugin to testing config drives, please vote. As you see one job fails on it
> - this is the breakage I was talking about. It will (hopefully) get fixed
> with the next release of ironic-lib.

Right, so as Pavlo mentioned in the patch, configdrive used to be the default
for devstack, and as such we forced configdrive for all tests. When that was
changed, we didn't notice because somehow metadata service worked.
https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/commit/7682ea88a6ab8693b215646f16748dbbc2476cc4

I agree, we should go back to using configdrive for all tests.

// jim