The call for proposals is now open for the Virtualization & IaaS devroom
at the upcoming FOSDEM 2017, to be hosted on February 4, 2017.

This year will mark FOSDEM’s 17th anniversary as one of the
longest-running free and open source software developer events,
attracting thousands of developers and users from all over the world.
FOSDEM will be held once again in Brussels, Belgium, on February 4 & 5,
2017.

---------------
Important Dates
---------------

*Submission deadline*: *18 November 2016*
Acceptance notifications: 04 December 2016
Final schedule announcement: 11 December 2016
Devroom: 04 February 2017 (one day)

-----------------
About the Devroom
-----------------

The Virtualization & IaaS devroom will feature session topics such as
open source hypervisors and virtual machine managers such as Xen
Project, KVM, QEMU, bhyve, and VirtualBox, and
Infrastructure-as-a-Service projects such as Apache CloudStack,
OpenStack, oVirt, OpenNebula, and Ganeti.

This devroom will host presentations that focus on topics of shared
interest, such as KVM; libvirt; shared storage; virtualized networking;
cloud security; clustering and high availability; interfacing with
multiple hypervisors; hyperconverged deployments; and scaling across
hundreds or thousands of servers.

Presentations in this devroom will be aimed at developers working on
these platforms who are looking to collaborate and improve shared
infrastructure or solve common problems. We seek topics that encourage
dialog between projects and continued work post-FOSDEM.

--------------------
Submit Your Proposal
--------------------

All submissions must be made via the Pentabarf event planning site.

    https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17

If you have not used Pentabarf before, you will need to create an
account.  If you submitted proposals for FOSDEM in previous years, you
can use your existing account.

After creating the account, select Create Event to start the submission
process. Make sure to select Virtualisation and IaaS devroom from the
Track list. Please fill out all the required fields, and provide a
meaningful abstract and description of your proposed session.

---------------------
Submission Guidelines
---------------------

- We expect more proposals than we can possibly accept, so it is vitally
  important that you submit your proposal on or before the deadline.
  Late submissions are unlikely to be considered.

- All presentation slots are 45 minutes, with 35 minutes planned for
  presentations, and 10 minutes for Q&A.

- All presentations will be recorded and made available under Creative
  Commons licenses. In the Submission notes field, please indicate that
  you agree that your presentation will be licensed under the
  CC-By-SA-4.0 or CC-By-4.0 license and that you agree to have your
  presentation recorded. For example:

    "If my presentation is accepted for FOSDEM, I hereby agree to
    license all recordings, slides, and other associated materials under
    the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 4.0 International
    License.  Sincerely, <NAME>."

- In the Submission notes field, please also confirm that if your talk
  is accepted, you will be able to attend FOSDEM and deliver your
  presentation. We will not consider proposals from prospective speakers
  who are unsure whether they will be able to secure funds for travel
  and lodging to attend FOSDEM. (Sadly, we are not able to offer travel
  funding for prospective speakers.)

Call for Volunteers

We are also looking for volunteers to help run the devroom. We need
assistance watching time for the speakers, and helping with video for
the devroom. Please contact Brian Proffitt (bkp at redhat.com), for more
information.

        iaas-virt-devr...@lists.fosdem.org

You can also subscribe to the list to receive updates about important
dates, session announcements, and to connect with other attendees.