On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 22:48:01 +0100, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
Are You sure that but
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1458122 is still valid? I tried to
spawn instances with min=3 and max=11 when quota was set to 10 and I had
spawned 10 instances properly (no any in error state). I also checked it
with givin only max=11 (no min value, so set to 1 by default) and I had
also 10 instances spawned.

All results of my tests can be found in http://pastebin.com/Te71HJ8q if
You want.

Yeah, according to the data Sławek gathered, the behavior changed from what's described in bug 1458122 at some point, without a spec. I have intended to dig in and find out what happened so we can at least cite the commit that changed the behavior in the commit message for this server groups quota change, and close out the other bug if it's no longer valid. It would be helpful if anyone else can take a look too.

-melanie