On 18 Oct, Gabriele Cerami wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after adding coverage in CI for HA IPv6 scenario here
> https://review.openstack.org/363674 we wanted to add IPv6 testing on the
> gates.
> To not use any more resources the first suggestion to add IPv6 to the
> gates was to make all HA jobs IPv6, move network isolation testing for
> IPv4 on non-ha job, and test non-netiso environment on multinode.

This is still up for debate, another possibility is to test IPv6 just in
the updates jobs.

> This is almost done here https://review.openstack.org/382515 with one
> exception. Liberty HA IPv6 fails during ping test with the error:
> 503 Service unavailable.

This issue was solved during the summit

> Moreover, swift memecache code in liberty is clearly not IPv6
> compatible, it gives an error on the overcloud, not being able to get
> host and port from a correctly formed IPv6 URL. To make it compatible
> with IPv6 this should be backported https://review.openstack.org/258704

This still remains.

> Before continuing the debugging I wanted to be sure that:
> - this is an acceptable shuffle for the gates jobs
> - we are really interested in testing liberty IPv6

I have another question to add to the mix. Do we care to test IPv6 with
SSL ? Our current certificate handling code is dealing only with IPv4
addresses, so if we need to test both, we'll have to add that part too.

thanks.