Timur Nurlygayanov <tnurlygaya...@mirantis.com> wrote:
> Hi OpenStack developers and operators,
>
> we are going to create the test suite for destructive testing of
> OpenStack clouds. We want to hear your feedback and ideas
> about possible destructive and failover scenarios which we need
> to check.
>
> Which scenarios we need to check if we want to make sure that
> some OpenStack cluster is configured in High Availability mode
> and can be published as a "production/enterprise" cluster.
>
> Your ideas are welcome, let's discuss the ideas of test scenarios in
> this email thread.

I applaud the effort to boost automated testing of failure scenarios!
And thanks a lot for polling the list before starting any work on
this.

Regarding the implementation, did you consider reusing Cloud 99, and
if not, please could you? :-) Obviously it would be good to avoid
reinventing wheels where possible.

https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2015/summit-videos/presentation/high-availability-and-resiliency-testing-strategies-for-openstack-clouds

    https://github.com/cisco-oss-eng/Cloud99

If there are some gaps between Cloud99 and what is needed then it
would be worth evaluating them in order to determine whether it makes
sense to start from scratch versus simply develop Cloud99 further.

Also it would be great if you could join the #openstack-ha IRC channel
where you will find friendly folks from the broader OpenStack HA
sub-community who I'm sure will be happy to discuss this further.

You are also very welcome to join our weekly IRC meetings:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/HATeamMeeting

Thanks!
Adam