Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I wanted to send a status update on the quickstart based containerized
> compute ci.
>
> The work is here:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/393348/
>
> I had two passes on the morning of Nov 30 in a row, then later that day the
> deployment started to fail due the compute node loosing it's networking and
> became unpingable.   After poking around and talking to a few folks its
> likely that we're hitting at least one of two possible bugs [1-2]
>
> I am on pto next week but will periodically check in and can easily retest
> if these resolve.

I've been seeing this a lot too.  It's happening to both the controller and
compute for me.  Probably because the controller is ALSO running the firstboot
script in docker/ which is not what we want (or we need it to be smarter
anyway).

So far it appears that cloud-init is running our firstboot script but is not
configuring networking.  If I run dhclient eth0 it comes up and has internet
access etc.  Going to look into this more tomorrow.

  Ian