-----Original Message-----
From: Andrey Kurilin <akuri...@mirantis.com>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Date: December 21, 2016 at 10:13:09
<openstack-dev@lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  Re: [openstack-dev] [all] Adding CONTRIBUTING.rst files to projects

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
> > On 2016-12-21 16:22, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > That said, I think there are two better places for this information
> > > that are already standards in OpenStack:
> > >
> > > * README.rst
> > > * HACKING.rst
> > >
> > > Most projects include links to the contributing documentation in at
> > > least one of these files. I think the effort here is to standardize,
> > > albeit in a brand new file, and that's admirable.
> >
> > If that's the goal - to standardize - then I would expect that we move
> > all the documentation out of those files in one place.
> >
> > Right now, the changes duplicate information that exists - and the new
> > information is often wrong. It points to place that do not exist or
> > where better places exist. ;(
> >

> Duplication can be reduced by using `.. include:: ` directive.

That does not render anywhere except our documentation (via Sphinx).
Git{Hub,Lab} don't render the include directive at all.

So, no, that's not an option.

--
Ian Cordasco