Excerpts from John Dickinson's message of 2017-01-03 09:02:19 -0800:

> On 2 Jan 2017, at 13:06, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > Short Story :
> > [1] has merged in devstack, it adds support for a python 3.5 based
> > up/down devstack test that just starts services and brings them down.
> > see [2] for a test run.
> >
> > Need help from swift folks:
> > Swift still needs work i have gotten as far as [3] UnpicklingError on
> > ring data using [4][5][6][7]. Can someone from the swift team pick
> > this up?
> > Once you get this working, please add "swift" to the white list in [8]
> > and remove the disable_service for swift services in [9]
>
> IIRC the issue is the differences between pickle, json, and arrays in py2 vs
> py3 (short summary: you can't deserialize in py3 stuff that was serialized in
> py2 without first changing the py2 code).

Is that right? It seems like it would be the other way around. There
are newer pickle protocols in 3 that aren't available at all for 2.

There are also some new options to the load() function in 3 to do
things like fix imports for standard library modules that were
renamed and set the right default string encoding to make it possible
to change the *3* code to be able to more easily load a pickle
created by 2 [1].  Is that what you meant?

Doug

[1] https://docs.python.org/3.5/library/pickle.html#pickle.load