On 14:10 Jan 06, Sean Dague wrote:
> Cinder / volume - right now the devstack example of using cinder is to
> use volumev2 as the service type (volumev3 is also added), which is kind
> of ugly and not a thing that I'd like us to standardize on. How do we
> move forward here to not make volumev2 a required type?

At one point I did a patch in Cinderclient to not care about the endpoint
having volumev2 as the service type, or version in the endpoint [1], with
examples of this working [2]. This was reverted [3] due to cases where a proxy
was being used and returned internal endpoints. We could probably revisit this
now that the appropriate configuration option to get around this problem has
been around for some time [4].

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/145613/
[2] - http://paste.openstack.org/raw/155906/
[3] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194476/