Hi everyone,

I’m announcing my candidacy for PTL of Horizon for the Pike release cycle.

Over the next 6 months I’d like to:

- Narrow the blueprint/feature scope to ensure we focus on high priority areas,
like non-performant panels or buggy user experiences. In previous cycles, our
attitude has been to opportunistically accept features as they were developed;
however, given the rapid decline in review count I don’t believe this is
maintainable going forward. I’d like to follow a similar structure to Neutron,
with a smaller feature count that is well understood by core reviewers and
other time being spent on addressing bugs. We’ll do this by accepting only a
handful of blueprints at a time, and designating a core reviewer to monitor
each blueprints progress.

- Continue working with Keystone via cross-project meetings to fix key bugs in
Identity management. Over the past couple of cycles we’ve closed some long
standing Keystone interaction bugs in Horizon, and I’d like to continue this
effort. There are several patches still to work on in Horizon and Django
OpenStack Auth, and we should make sure we capitalise on the excellent help
from the Keystone community to improve the Horizon Identity panels.

- Keep up community interaction. Richard has maintained a list of priority
patches through Ocata, as well as sending out weekly meeting reminders and
progress updates. I’ll continue this work, and hold bug days to highlight key
issues to invest our time in.

Thanks,

Rob