Greetings OpenStack community,

Today's meeting [0] covered two main topics: Making sure we get input on the
process for refactoring the api compatibility guidelines [4] and whether we
should have some official time at the PTG. Rather than having official time we
decided that the best thing to do was make sure we are available for those
topics which are relevant (such as discussion of capabilities [5] and service
catalog and version endpoint clarification [6]) and to hang out with the
architecture working group. Of the API-WG cores, edleafe and I (cdent) will be
at the PTG. Find one of us if there's something that ought to be discussed
there and we'll try to set something up.

# Newly Published Guidelines

Nothing recently published.

# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze

Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.

* Add guidelines on usage of state vs. status
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411528/

* Clarify the status values in versions
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411849/

* Add guideline for invalid query parameters
  https://review.openstack.org/417441

# Guidelines Currently Under Review [3]

* Add guidelines for boolean names
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/411529/

* Define pagination guidelines
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/390973/

* Add API capabilities discovery guideline
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386555/

# Highlighting your API impacting issues

If you seek further review and insight from the API WG, please address your concerns in
an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list[1] with the tag "[api]" in the
subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to
help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API
Working Group [2].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!