On Wed, 25 Jan 2017, Chris Dent wrote:

#B3
The new GET to /placement/allocations is happening when the
resource tracker calls _update_usage_from_instance, which is always
being called becuause is_new_instance is always true in that method,
even when the instance is not "new". This is happening because the
tracked_instaces dict is _always_ getting cleared before
_update_usage_from_instance is being called. Which is weird because
it appears that it is that method's job to update tracked_instances.
If I remove the clear() the get on /placement/allocations goes away.
But I'm not sure what else this will break. The addition of that line
was a long time ago, in this change (I think):
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/13182/

I made a bug about this:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1659647

and have the gate looking at what breaks if the clear goes away:

    https://review.openstack.org/#/c/425885/

--
Chris Dent                 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯           https://anticdent.org/