On 2017-02-01 01:40, Lana Brindley  wrote:
> Hi core team,
>
> Alex and I just did the core team review together for February.
>
> Here's the core reviewer stats for this month[1]:
>
> Current cores not appearing in any stats:
> Anne Gentle

Interesting - Anne reviewed openstackdocstheme and openstack-manuals in
January. She should be in the list.

Example:
https://review.openstack.org/426294

> Maria Zlatkova
> Olena Logvinova
> Olga Gusarenko
> Shilla Saebi
>
> This is the first appearance for all five on this list, and I think we can
> safely assume that's because of various leave around this time of year for
> Anne, Maria, Olena, and Olga. I understand that Shilla has been drawn to
> other projects recently, so her attention has been diverted. I will reach out
> to these people individually, and we can reassess next month.
>
> Current non-cores appearing in stats:
>
> melissaml/ma.lei (all three columns)
> chenxing/chason (all three columns)
> caoyuan (90 days & contributions)
> cyrichardson (30 & 90 days)
> bmoss (30 days only)
> bruce-benjamin (30 days only)
> qiaomin032 (Contributions only)
> Ankur Gupta (Contributions only)
> Emma Foley (Contributions only)
> Thomas Goirand (Contributions only)
>
> Melissa (ma.lei) and Chen Xing (Chason) are hitting all three columns.
> Caoyuan is is hitting 90 days and Contributions. Given that it's currently
> Lunar New Year, and Caoyuan is often in the top 12 on 30 days, I think we
> should consider both Chason and Caoyuan. They are both regular appearances,
> and both have vastly improved their quality of reviews and contributions
> recently. Melissa, while she is prolific, might need a little more time and
> coaching to improve her review quality, although that's open for discussion
> in this group. I'd also like to call out Catherine Richardson (cyrichardson)
> as being a relative newcomer who is putting a lot of effort in (although we
> would need to see some quality contributions before making her core, I think).
>
> After some discussion, our recommendation for February is:
> Drop: no one
> Add: Chen Xing (Chason) and Caoyuan
>
> Yay or nay?

Yay on the no drops.

Regarding addition: I'm seeing cores as a *team* - even if many of us
work on our own, we interact with each other and need help from others.

I'd like cores to collaborate - so attending IRC meetings and taking
part in discussions. How to encourage these to engage more? At least
let's each of them ask for a self-intro on the mailing list if they
become core...

Abstaining for now on the addition,

Andreas
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)