Hi,

we use the OpenStack Ansible Plugin, which depends on shade. The installed
shade version is `shade==1.26.0`. Our ansible setup is in a docker images,
which comes from `ubuntu:16.04`.

Our deployment fails, because the openstack plugin reports the following:
/home/builder/epoch/deployment/ansible/inventory/openstack.yml with openstack
plugin: shade is required for the OpenStack inventory plugin. OpenStack
inventory sources will be skipped.

Then I fired up the python shell to `import shade` which results in the
following error:
>>> import shade
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/home/builder/ansible_deploy/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shade/__init__.py",
 line 24, in <module>
    from shade.openstackcloud import OpenStackCloud
  File
"/home/builder/ansible_deploy/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shade/openstackcloud.py",
 line 46, in <module>
    from shade import _legacy_clients
  File
"/home/builder/ansible_deploy/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shade/_legacy_clients.py",
 line 18, in <module>
    from shade import _utils
  File
"/home/builder/ansible_deploy/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/shade/_utils.py",
 line 20, in <module>
    import netifaces
ImportError:
/home/builder/ansible_deploy/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/netifaces.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromString

It looks like this is a problem with different ABIs (see
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31644056/is-python-2-7-wide-build-usc4-not-compatible-with-certain-libraries).
 Our Python seems to be compiled to use UCS4:
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.maxunicode
1114111

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Best regards,
Amir Hadi

PS: It’s been a while that I have used mailing lists, I hope the formatting of
this message is ok.