On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Saul Wold wrote:

> On 1/14/20 2:08 PM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 14, 2020, at 1:49 PM, Saul Wold wrote:
> >> Clark:
> >>
> >> Happy New Year!
> >>
> >> Circling back on this after the holidays, where do we stand, I am about
> >> to do another merge for the feature branch, since for the work we are
> >> doing across repos is best via feature branch vs Depends-On as talked
> >> about below.
> >>
> >> We talked about only reporting an abbreviated commit message when doing
> >> a merge commit, and I asked if a storyboard or launchpad was needed, did
> >> I lose a reply?
> >
> > I don't think so, it has been quiet. You can file a bug if you like, but I
> > expect that this is one of those cases where the quickest path to
> > resolution will be for someone on the StarlingX side to push up a change
> > with the edits that were suggested.
>
> OK, I guess that falls to me!  I need to set up appropriate testing,
> unless there is some existing test area I can play with.

We do have a review-dev.openstack.org we can deploy it to. I believe that
server is setup to comment on launchpad for at least one of its projects? Monty
would probably know since he has been converting our Gerrit config management
recently.

If you'd prefer to do it locally all Gerrit does on those events is call the
hook scripts with a specific set of parameters. Those parameters are documented
here:
https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/hooks/+/refs/heads/stable-2.13/src/main/resources/Documentation/hooks.md#change_merged.
 Then you can execute the script locally as if you were Gerrit. This is
probably reasonably straightforward though you will want to set up a throw away
LP bug to edit.