From: Jeremy Stanley <fu...@yuggoth.org>
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 12:48 PM
To: openstack-infra@lists.openstack.org
Cc: SCHIEFELBEIN, ANDREW <as3...@att.com>; MCEUEN, MATT <mm9...@att.com>;
BAILEY, ALEXANDER <ab8...@att.com>; DURWAY, LINDSEY <ld1...@att.com>
Subject: Re: [OpenStack-Infra] docs.airshipit.org setup

[I'm leaving the Cc list intact because I'm not sure which of you are
subscribed to this mailing list; my apologies for any duplicate copies you may
receive.]

On 2020-02-05 15:10:27 +0000 (+0000), SCHIEFELBEIN, ANDREW wrote:
[...]
> We would like to get the docs.airshipit.org vhost setup so that we can
> start to propagate docs out to this vanity url.  Is this something
> that someone can assist with?
[...]

We're in a bit of a transitional phase at the moment to a new and much improved
publication workflow, so I took the liberty of trying to do this myself in
order to make sure I understand it thoroughly rather than possibly giving you
bad/incomplete advice. The rough steps are as follows (reviewers will hopefully
tell me where I've gotten it wrong):

0. Create a new volume in AFS to hold your content (done).

1. Add a job to our trusted Zuul config to push your content into this new AFS
volume; it has to be in the trusted config repo because it gets access to a
shared Kerberos principal. This is change
https://review.opendev.org/706598 .

2. Run the new publication job along with corresponding build jobs in relevant
pipelines from your airship/treasuremap repository's Zuul configuration. The
different docs build job is necessary as it creates a content tarball artifact
which is then passed directly to the publication job in the promote pipeline
rather than rerunning the same build again after merge. This is change
https://review.opendev.org/706598 .

3. Add CNAME RRs in the airshipit.org DNS zone for the server which will
eventually serve your content and also for our automation around Let's Encrypt
domain validation (done).

4. Set up SSL cert management for the new site. This is change
https://review.opendev.org/706600 (it can merge in parallel with steps 1-3 as
it's independent of them).

5. Add an Apache vhost configuration on the server which will act as a
front-end for your content. This is change
https://review.opendev.org/706601 .

6. Enjoy an efficient, automated publication workflow to your own custom
documentation site.
--
Jeremy Stanley