On 09/25/2014 11:45 AM, Joe Topjian wrote:
Hi Mathieu,

My setup is very similar to yours. Node definitions are in site.pp and
Hiera is used for all configuration. The Hiera hierarchies are also very
similar.

Overall, I have a love/hate relationship with the setup. I could go on
in detail, but it'd be all Puppet-specific rather than OpenStack. I'd be
happy to discuss off-list.

Of if there's enough interest, I can post it here. I just don't want to
muddy up this list with non-OpenStack things.

I certainly would enjoy a good discussion here about your love-hate relationship with your deployment tooling. I have the same relationship with the Chef work we did at AT&T and am curious whether there are Puppetisms that similarly cause grief as some Chefisms.

/me readies the popcorn.

Best,
-jay