On 6/15/2016 12:09 PM, David Medberry wrote:
So, there is a nova.conf setting:

instance_build_timeout (default to 0, never timeout)

Does anyone have a "good" value they use for this? In my mind it falls
very much into the specific-to-your-cloud-implementation bucket but just
wondered what folks were usign for this setting (if any).

10 minutes would be way longer than I'd want to wait for a build to fail
but that's probably what we will set this to....

Hmm, yeah definitely deployment specific. Also, if you're doing boot from volume where nova is creating the volume, that's going to add additional time depending on the size of the volume, whether the image is cached, etc. And there are separate timeouts in the compute manager for waiting for the volume to be available for attaching to the server.

--

Thanks,

Matt Riedemann