On 04/10/2017 02:10 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:
The naming is based on community input and there's good reason to believe that
in this round of voting both of these values will get a low score.

But, we could have a repeat of the Boaty McBoatface debacle 😊

I would totally vote for OpenStack Boaty McBoatface. Maybe we can switch from place names to names of the form "{foo}y Mc{foo}face" for all releases after Z ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/world/europe/boaty-mcboatface-what-you-get-when-you-let-the-internet-decide.html?_r=0

-amrith

--
Amrith Kumar
amrith.ku...@gmail.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Saverio Proto [mailto:ziopr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2017 3:02 PM
To: OpenStack Operators <openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] about the R release name

Hello Ops,

I got the mail about the Poll for OpenStack R Release Naming

I am shocked that there are proposed names like Raspberry or Root !

Think about troubleshooting and searching on google:

Openstack Raspberry "string of log file"

The Raspberry or Root words are anti-google words that will pollute the
search with a lot of results from other context domain !!!!

Please be smart when voting ! We need names that can identify easily the
releases when using search engines !!!

thank you

Saverio