Chris Apsey
bitskr...@bitskrieg.net
https://www.bitskrieg.net

On 2017-06-26 09:28, James Page wrote:
Tweaking subject line a bit...

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017 at 02:27 Chris Apsey <bitskr...@bitskrieg.net>
wrote:

All,

Doing some testing prior to moving to Ocata from Newton, and I ran
into
this issue when trying to get the nova placement api set up:

======================================
Package: nova-placement-api
Version: 2:14.0.5-0ubuntu1~cloud0
Installed-Size: 56.3 kB
Depends: nova-common (= 2:14.0.5-0ubuntu1~cloud0),
init-system-helpers
(>= 1.18~), lsb-base (>= 4.1+Debian11ubuntu7), python:any (>= 2.7~)
Conflicts: nova-api
Download-Size: 6,062 B
APT-Sources: http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu
xenial-updates/newton/main amd64 Packages
=====================================

Anyone encountered this before?  Not sure why nova-api is marked as
conflicts here.

Really good question - this Conflicts was dropped in
2:15.0.0~b2-0ubuntu1 and it looks like we need the same fix into the
Newton packages as well.

I can see why you want to get the placement api configured before
upgrading as I don't think Ocata will even function without the
placement api running - minimal downtime during release upgrades is
always a good idea!

If you could raise a bug using 'ubuntu-bug nova-placement-api' that
would be a great start to get things rolling.

Cheers

James