Hi Kevin,

see below

On 8/8/17 1:06 AM, Kevin Benton wrote:
What backend are you using? That bug is about the port showing ACTIVE when admin_state_up=False but it's still being disconnected from the dataplane. If you are seeing dataplane traffic with admin_state_up=False, then that is a separate bug.
I'm using OVS
Also, keep in mind that marking the port down will still not be reflected inside of the VM via ifconfig or ethtool. It will always show active in there. So even after we fix bug 1672629, you are going to see the port is connected inside of the VM.
Is there way to disconnect port, thus putting it into DOWN state on VM, using Openstack API ? This is important for *public clouds* when it can be necessary to shutdown port of unmanaged (customer's) VM. The only idea I have is to set admin_state_up to False and, actually, it's the only command, which control port state.

As I mentioned earlier, it seems it was working in Kilo ("I have checked the behavior of admin_state_up of Kilo version, when port admin-state-up is set to False, the port status will be DOWN.") but Ocata shows another behaviour, ignoring this parameter.

So, any ideas on how to shutdown port on VM using Openstack API?

Thank you!