I'm trying to import a Solaris10 image into Ocata that is working under libvirt/KVM on a Fedora workstation.  However, in order for the kvm instance to work, it needs a few additional parameters to qemu that I use in the libvirt XML file:

 <cpu match='exact'>
    <model fallback='allow'>Westmere</model>
  </cpu>

 <qemu:commandline>
     <qemu:arg value='-no-kvm-irqchip'/>
  </qemu:commandline>

For the first parameter, I know I could modify the /etc/nova/nova.conf of the entire hypervisor on the compute node to Westmere and limit instances to that hypervisor, but that limits additional instances on that compute node.   Is there a way to instruct nova to use a westmere cpu for a single instance?

Likewise, how can I pass the -no-kvm-irqchip option for instances of this image?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Gary Molenkamp                  Computer Science
Systems Administrator           University of Western Ontario