Hello everyone,

i'm currently trying to figure out how to migrate my volumes from my ceph backend. I'm currently using Ceph Luminous, but so far it has proven not really prod ready for us, so we want to downgrade. However, our client already has some of his VMs on this ceph cluster and downgrading means backing them up somewhere. THe best course of action for us would be live migration to local lvm storage, but it isn't possible via the standard cinder migrate tool - i always get an error, nothing happens. We are running openstack pike. Does anyone have any procedures/ideas for making this work? Our last resort is rbd exporting the volumes to another cluster and then importing them back after the downgrade, but we'd prefer to do a live migrate. Apparently this has worked in the past. Thanks

Josef Zelenka