Thanks!
Jimmy

Tim Bell <mailto:tim.b...@cern.ch>
March 14, 2018 at 12:39 PM
We’re using a combination of cASO (https://caso.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) and some low level libvirt fabric monitoring. The showback accounting reports are generated with merging with other compute/storage usage across various systems (HTCondor, SLURM, ...)

It would seem that those who needed solutions in the past found they had to do them themselves. It would be interesting if there are references of usage data/accounting/chargeback at scale with the current project set but doing the re-evaluation would be an effort which would need to be balanced versus just keeping the local solution working.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Kellogg-Stedman <l...@redhat.com>
Date: Wednesday, 14 March 2018 at 17:15
To: openstack-operators <openstack-operators@lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [Openstack-operators] How are you handling billing/chargeback?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 03:21:13PM -0400, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> I'm curious what folks out there are using for chargeback/billing in
> your OpenStack environment.

So far it looks like everyone is using a homegrown solution. Is
anyone using an existing product/project?

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <l...@redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/ |

March 14, 2018 at 11:11 AM

So far it looks like everyone is using a homegrown solution. Is
anyone using an existing product/project?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman <mailto:l...@redhat.com>
March 12, 2018 at 2:21 PM
Hey folks,

I'm curious what folks out there are using for chargeback/billing in
your OpenStack environment.

Are you doing any sort of chargeback (or showback)? Are you using (or
have you tried) CloudKitty? Or some other existing project? Have you
rolled your own instead?

I ask because I am helping out some folks get a handle on the
operational side of their existing OpenStack environment, and they are
interested in but have not yet deployed some sort of reporting
mechanism.

Thanks,