On 05/29/2018 01:06 PM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
I'm wondering if the RequestSpec.project_id is null? Like, I wonder if you're hitting this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739318

Although if this is a clean Ocata environment with new instances, you shouldn't have that problem.

Looks very much like that bug, yes. Either that, or the wrong project_id is being used when attempting to migrate? Maybe the admin project_id is being used instead of the original project_id who launched the instance?

There is only one way that "fails tenant ID" shows up in the logs, and it's when the project ID making the request isn't in the configured projects for the aggregate...

https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/master/nova/scheduler/filters/aggregate_multitenancy_isolation.py#L49-L51

Best,
-jay