Hi,

> Wiadomość napisana przez Matt Riedemann <mriede...@gmail.com> w dniu
> 03.06.2018, o godz. 16:54:
>
> On 6/2/2018 1:37 AM, Chris Apsey wrote:
>> This is great.  I would even go so far as to say the install docs should be
>> updated to capture this as the default; as far as I know there is no
>> negative impact when running in daemon mode, even on very small deployments.
>>  I would imagine that there are operators out there who have run into this
>> issue but didn't know how to work through it - making stuff like this less
>> painful is key to breaking the 'openstack is hard' stigma.
>
> I think changing the default on the root_helper_daemon option is a good idea
> if everyone is setting that anyway. There are some comments in the code next
> to the option that make me wonder if there are edge cases where it might not
> be a good idea, but I don't really know the details, someone from the neutron
> team that knows more about it would have to speak up.
>
> Also, I wonder if converting to privsep in the neutron agent would eliminate
> the need for this option altogether and still gain the performance benefits.

Converting L2 agents to privsep is ongoing process but it’s very slow. There is
switch of ip_lib to privsep in progress:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1492714
But to completely drop rootwrap there is also tc_lib to switch to privsep for
QoS, iptables module for security groups and probably also some other modules.
So I would not consider it as possibly done soon :)

> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

—