On 8/9/2018 6:03 AM, Chris Apsey wrote:
Exactly.  And I agree, it seems like hw_architecture should dictate which emulator is chosen, but as you mentioned its currently not.  I'm not sure if this is a bug and it's supposed to 'just work', or just something that was never fully implemented (intentionally) and would be more of a feature request/suggestion for a later version.  The docs are kind of sparse in this area.

What are your thoughts?  I can open a bug if you think the scope is reasonable.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, or if there are reasons why it's never been done. I'm gonna have to rope in Kashyap and danpb since they'd likely know more.

Dan/Kaskyap: tl;dr why doesn't the nova libvirt driver, configured for qemu, set the guest.arch based on the hw_architecture image property so that you can run ppc guests in an x86 host?

--

Thanks,

Matt