On 9/9/2018 10:58 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
Hi James,

James Penick <jpen...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey folks,
Does anyone have experience using zookeeper or redis to handle HA failover
in cinder clusters?

I'm guessing you mean failover of an active/passive cinder-volume
service?

I know there's docs on pacemaker, however we already
have the other two installed and don't want to add yet another component to
package and maintain in our clusters.

I'm afraid I don't, but if you make any progress on this, please let
me know as it would be great to document:

 - how this would work
 - any pros and cons vs. Pacemaker

and maybe I can help with that.

One particular question: if the node running the service becomes
unreachable, is it safe to fail it over straight away, or is fencing
required first?  (I'm pretty sure I've asked this same question
before, but I can't remember the answer - sorry!)
James,

I echo Adam's input.  I have only heard of people implementing with pacemaker but there is no reason that this couldn't be tried with other HA solutions.

If you are able to try it and document it would be great to add documentation here:  [1]

Also, Gorka Eguileor is a good contact as he has been doing much of the work on HA Cinder though his focus is on Active/Active HA.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
Jay