Is anyone using the nova/image/local.py?

This class appears to be a pre-glance image service that could be used with the
Openstack API. As we now have glance I'm not sure we really need this anymore.

The class initializes its path to a temp directory:

    def __init__(self):
        self._path = tempfile.mkdtemp()

Maybe we can use this as a proper mock image service (within the tests) and
remove it as a top level image service within the code base.

--
I file a bug on this issue here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/723947

NOTE: This has nothing to do with 'nova-objectstore' or anything on the S3/EC2
side of things as some of the comments mention in the ticket.
--

Why remove a class that isn't hurting anything? In another bug/ticket I was
trying to standardize how the image services provide access to 'kernel_id' and

Dan